Staying at the Sanctuary’s RV sites
To keep our staff, guests and the animals safe, we’re reopening to the nearby public on June 25, 2020. This means that residents of Utah, Colorado, Idaho, Nevada, New Mexico or Wyoming who drive to the Sanctuary are welcome to book lodging, reserve a tour or sign up for a volunteer shift. We look forward to inviting guests from all locations soon and thank you for your understanding.
Traveling by RV? Best Friends has six fully equipped seasonal recreational vehicle sites for rent at Best Friends Animal Sanctuary. Nestled among the junipers in Angel Canyon, our RV sites offer breathtaking views of the beautiful red cliffs and are within walking distance of the Best Friends Welcome Center.
- 30/50-amp electricity, water, septic tank and 35-foot concrete platforms
- Unobstructed sight lines for your TV satellite dish
- Picnic table, trash and recycle bins, pet waste pickup bags, free WiFi (open network)
- You can pull in or back into sites (pull-through sites not available)
- Utilities on right side if you pull in, or on driver’s side if you back in
Rates and reservation details
- Check-in 1–5 p.m.
- Checkout no later than 1 p.m.
- Rates are $50 per night (March 15 through October 31, closed November 1 to March 15). Best Friends members receive a discount. Not a member? Become one.)
- Each stay is limited to 14 consecutive nights or total of 28 nights within a 60-day period.
- There are no restroom or shower facilities at our RV sites. Your RV must be self-contained in order to book your stay.
- Outdoor fires are not permitted anywhere on Sanctuary grounds.
- Tent camping is not permitted.
- Your pets may remain unattended in your RV if they are well behaved, but please check on them regularly. Please keep your pets leashed when outdoors.
- A vegan lunch buffet is served seven days a week at the Angel Village café from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. daily. The cost is $5 per person.
- The Canyon Grill food truck, located just outside the welcome center, is another lunch option. It is open seasonally, usually from April to October (depending on weather conditions), and serves vegan fare from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
For more information, please visit Best Friends lodging FAQs.
RVs longer than 21 feet will have difficulty maneuvering on some of the Sanctuary roads and in parking areas. If your RV is longer than 21 feet, you’ll need a car to get around the Sanctuary.
Transportation is not provided at the Sanctuary, so you’ll need your own vehicle to get around. The Sanctuary is spread across 4,200 acres and many of the animal areas are miles apart. Walking is not a viable option and bicycles are not allowed on most roads. You’ll also need a vehicle if you want to travel to and from the town of Kanab. Persons volunteering in Dogtown must have access to a vehicle during all shifts.